The admissions process at the nation’s most competitive colleges and universities is a confusing, stressful, and opaque one. The news about the national bribery and cheating scheme run by an individual calling himself a “college counselor” in Newport Beach, California, William “Rick” Singer, is shocking. Rather than provide ethical advice and accurate guidance to students and parents, it appears he paid off coaches and standardized test proctors and parents paid him big bucks to do so. Mr. Singer allegedly cheated colleges, universities, sports teams, and thousands of students who deserved the seats he filled by unethical and unlawful means.
At Top Tier Admissions we have worked tirelessly to make the admissions process more transparent and guide students on how to become top scholars who earn their spots fairly and through their own original work. We hold ourselves to the highest ethical standards and expect that students and families will do likewise.
Top Tier Admissions Code of Ethics
We have conducted business over the last 15 years based on these principles:
- Accountability: TTA is a team of college advising professionals who hold ourselves to the highest ethical standards, period.
- Authenticity: TTA works directly with students to determine the best colleges/universities for them based on the right match and the students’ record of academic achievements, talents, and interests.
- Transparency: TTA’s clients know exactly what services they are paying for, and all communication is honest and clear.
- Confidentiality: A student’s application, test results, and identity are never shared.
- Responsibility: TTA believes in strategically working with students to advise and encourage them, but students are the ones who do the actual work. We do not take shortcuts.