You found the original Application Boot Camp®; helping students prepare the best possible applications for the last 16 years.
Work with Dr. Michele Hernandez, Mimi Doe, Dr. Kristen Willmott, Maria Laskaris, Dr. Eliza Fox, Dr. Elizabeth Doe Stone and the Application Boot Camp team to prepare a suite of essays and to develop an application strategy to increase your college acceptance odds. Seats are limited. Sign up today and receive your Personalized Admissions Report.
Prior to the 4-day
Application Boot Camp®
students will receive:
- Personalized Admissions Report:
A roadmap filled with testing suggestions, application strategies, tips to articulate and deepen an academic niche, assessment of stats to date, recent admissions info for targeted colleges and summer strategy
- Personal Consultations:
Meet with Dr. Michele Hernandez or Mimi Doe via Zoom or phone to discuss your Admissions Report, review next steps and confirm application strategy
- e-Copies Of:
The Ultimate Guide to Top High School Summer Programs, The Ultimate Guide to Top High School Contests and Awards, Resource Guide, our exclusive Mysteries of the Common App PDF, Activity Sheet Tips and Samples, Activity Sheet Template, practice ACT and SAT exams
- Three Exclusive Teleseminars:
Including an ‘Ask Me Anything’ Q&A with Maria Laskaris, former Dean of Admissions and Financial Aid at Dartmouth College
- Access To:
Application Boot Camp Student Membership Site with resources, tools, and updates including access to all recorded virtual workshops from Mimi and Michele
During the 4 days of
Application Boot Camp®
- Complete Common Application:
Work one on one with their mentors to complete the entire Common Application and receive ‘admissions-committee style’ essay reviews from counselors
- Prepare A Suite of Essays using the ABC Strategy:
Leave with essays that can be adapted for supplements
- Develop Acceptance Strategy:
Customized application plan to maximize early acceptances and receive advice on odds at targeted colleges
- Create Activity and Achievements Inventory:
Sum up high school awards, activities and extras in an Activity Sheet
- Ace the Interviews:
Learn interview techniques
Videos from past successful Application Boot Camp students
Frequently Asked Questions about Application Boot Camp
- Personalized Admissions Report follow-up call
- Activity Sheet creation and finalization
- Brainstorming for Main Essay
- Supplemental Essay organizer
During the four days of Application Boot Camp students will work one-on-one with their mentor to review and finalize their text entries for the Common Application; prepare multiple essays including all required essays and extra essays using the Application Boot Camp strategy; develop an application strategy to increase college acceptance possibilities; receive advice on their odds at targeted colleges; complete a final Activity Sheet and List of 10 to submit with the Common Application; and take part in interview training. This is not an unlimited-time program.
Boot Camp is 9am to 5pm for 4 days in August.
Note: We have a 9:30-10am coffee meet-and-greet on day 1 for parents and students and a closing parent meeting on day 4 from 3:30-4pm. If you are coming in from out of town, we recommend you arrive the night before day 1 and leave the evening of day 4 (the last day) or the morning after.
- Students who will be rising high school seniors in August 2021 (for ABC 2021 students) OR students who will be rising seniors in August 2022 (for ABC 2022 students), including U.S. and international students
- College students seeking to transfer
- Non-traditional applicants (home-school or community college students)
- Re-applicants: applicants who were previously rejected and intend to reapply
The report is a chance to receive input from Mimi and Michele on what you can do NOW to improve your admissions results. It’s full to the brim with specific advice on a personalized testing schedule, summer options, ways to sharpen your scholarly focus and gives insight into the schools you are interested in from an admissions prospective. They make the nontransparent admissions process clearer and give specific ways you can rise above the rest by taking action as well as ideas for an application strategy.
- Follow-up phone call to review your personalized report
- Access to our ABC Student Membership Site
- ALL of our content e-guides including: TheUltimate Guide to Top High School Summer Programs, The Ultimate Guide to Top High School Contests and Awards, the Resource Guide, and our exclusive Mysteries of the Common Application
- Access to all of our recorded Virtual Workshops with Mimi and Michele
- Two exclusive teleseminars on test prep and extracurriculars
- “Ask Me Anything” Q&A with Maria Laskaris, former Dean of Admissions and Financial Aid at Dartmouth College
- Application strategy call
The time between receiving your PAR and phone call and Boot Camp is when you put the counsel put forth in the report into action. You should keep up with your classes, aiming for A level grades across the board; begin standardized testing if you haven’t started, or tutor and retest if you need to boost your scores; and use the e-guides we’ve included to help create an academic niche to strengthen your application. Junior year is your big push, the year that matters the most for college applications. Additionally, you will work with our Activity Sheet Editor to develop a polished, compelling list of your high-level extracurricular activities before you arrive at Application Boot Camp.
We have a student to staff ratio of 3:1.
Our students leave Boot Camp with a completed Common Application plus a suite of essays (4 at minimum) that highlight their strengths, fit the criteria for the Common Application, and can be morphed into supplemental essays for schools that do not use the Common Application. Students also leave with a finalized Activity Sheet as well as other short answer responses to customize for each college application they will submit. Our students leave Boot Camp with a deserved confidence in their full application package and are ready to focus on the ever-important senior year.