Many students tell us that Georgetown is their “dream university”. Current applicants hoping to pursue this dream will have to submit Georgetown’s own, school-specific application, since Georgetown, like several other universities, does not use the Common App. Along with personal data and a list of activities, applicants to Georgetown University must submit essays that address the following prompts:
- Briefly discuss the significance to you of the school or summer activity in which you have been most involved. (approximately one-half page single-spaced)
- As Georgetown is a diverse community, the Admissions Committee would like to know more about you in your own words. Please submit a brief essay, either personal or creative, which you feel best describes you. (approximately one page single-spaced)
In addition, students must submit one final essay (approximately one page single-spaced) tailored to the school of their choice within Georgetown University.
Applicants to Georgetown College:
- Please relate your interest in studying at Georgetown University to your goals. How do these thoughts relate to your chosen course of study? (If you are applying to major in the Faculty of Language and Linguistics or in a Science, please specifically address those interests.)
Applicants to the School of Nursing and Health Studies:
- Describe the factors that have influenced your interest in studying health care at Georgetown University. Please specifically address your intended major (Health Care Management & Policy, Human Science, Global Health, or Nursing).
Applicants to the Walsh School of Foreign Service:
- Briefly discuss a current global issue, indicating why you consider it important and what you suggest should be done to deal with it.
Applicants to the McDonough School of Business:
- The McDonough School of Business is a national and global leader in providing graduates with essential ethical, analytical, financial and global perspectives. Please discuss your motivations for studying business at Georgetown.
Need help tackling these essays? Check out our Essay Guidance Program, which will help you read between the lines of these questions and develop compelling, effective answers.