You found the original Application Boot Camp®; helping students prepare the best possible applications for the last 12 years.
Work with Dr. Michele Hernandez, Mimi Doe, Dr. Kristen Willmott, and the Application Boot Camp team to prepare a suite of essays and to develop an application strategy to increase your college acceptance odds. Seats are limited so sign up today and receive your Personalized Admissions Report.
Prior to the 4-day
Application Boot Camp®
students will receive:
- Personalized Admissions Report:
A detailed assessment of academic credentials, road map for targeted colleges, ways to hone your academic niche, advice on class selection, and standardized testing
- Personal Consultation:
Meet with Dr. Michele Hernandez or Mimi Doe via phone to discuss your Admissions Report and review next steps
- Copies Of:
The Ultimate Guide to Top High School Summer Programs, The Ultimate Guide to Top High School Contests and Awards, Enrichment Guide, Resource Guide, Activity Sheet Tips and Samples, Activity Sheet Template, practice ACT and SAT exams
- Access To:
Application Boot Camp Student Membership Site with resources, tools, and updates including access to all recorded virtual workshops from Mimi and Michele
During the 4 days of
Application Boot Camp®
- Complete Common Application:
Work one on one and in small groups to complete the entire Common Application
- Prepare Multiple Essays:
Leave with essays that can be adapted for supplements
- Develop Acceptance Strategy:
Customized application plan to maximize early acceptances
- Create Activity and Achievements Inventory:
Sum up high school awards, activities and extras in an Activity Sheet
- Ace the Interviews:
Learn interview techniques
Videos from past successful Application Boot Camp students
Frequently Asked Questions about Application Boot Camp
During the four days of Application Boot Camp students will work one-on-one and in small groups to review and finalize their text entries for the Common Application; prepare multiple essays including all required essays and extra essays using the Application Boot Camp strategy; develop an application strategy to increase college acceptance possibilities; receive advice on their odds at targeted colleges; complete an edited condensed activity sheet to submit with the Common Application; and take part in interview training. Also, the Application Boot Camp program includes access to our members-only ABC Membership Site, the ABC personalized student report, follow-up phone call, and four days of in-person admissions consulting at Boot Camp. Within the included guides on the Welcome Kit tab on the ABC Membership Site and in the report, we provide very thorough answers and instructions for guidance throughout the program. This is not an unlimited-time program, so we are not able to answer multiple additional questions beyond the personalized student report and follow-up phone call.
Note: We have a 9:30-10am coffee meet-and-greet on day 1 for parents and students and a closing parent meeting on day 4 from 3:30-4pm. If you are coming in from out of town, we recommend you arrive the night before day 1 and leave the evening of day 4 (the last day) or the morning after.
- Students who will be rising college seniors in August 2016 (for ABC 2016 students) OR students who will be rising seniors in August 2017 (for ABC 2017 students), including U.S. and international students.
- College students seeking to transfer.
- Non-traditional applicants (home-school or community college students).
- Re-applicants: applicants who were previously rejected and intend to reapply.
- Students interested in working in small groups and one-on-one consultations with our ABC staff including senior counselors.
The report is a chance to receive input from Mimi and Michele on what you can do NOW to improve your admissions results. It’s full to the brim with specific advice on a personalized testing schedule, summer options, ways to sharpen your scholarly focus and gives insight into the schools you are interested in from an admissions prospective. They make the nontransparent admissions process clearer and give specific ways you can rise above the rest by taking action as well as ideas for an application strategy.
- Follow-up phone call with Mimi or Michele: Once you receive your report you will schedule a conference call with Mimi or Michele to review the plan.
- Access to our ABC Student Membership Site.
- ALL of our content e-products including: The Ultimate Guide to Top High School Summer Programs, The Ultimate Guide to Top High School Contests and Awards, the Enrichment Guide, the Resource Guide, Virtual Workshops and our exclusive Mysteries of Common Application PDF.
You will leave Boot Camp with four or more essays that highlight your strengths, fit the criteria for the Common Application, and can be morphed into supplemental essays for schools that do not use the Common Application. You will have created a detailed Activity Sheet as well as other shorter writings to customize each college application. You will have a one on one meeting to finalize your application strategy and solidify a game plan that launches off the written report and you will understand how to put all application components together.